The supervisory board is chaired by Philippe Austruy, the company’s founder. It comprises 6 members, 2 of whom are independent.
The supervisory board is notably responsible for maintaining a permanent control over the company’s management. It assesses the management quality in the light of shareholders’ interests to whom it provides an annual report.
The supervisory board is also responsible for considering and giving its opinion on any project with potential conflict of interests.
Its role extends to the following areas:
- reviewing the consolidated financial statements prepared by the Chairman of the Executive Board
- assessing the quality of the financial information
- assessing the internal control and risk management systems
- reviewing the strategies and their implementation
- monitoring compliance of shareholders’ rights
The Board is kept regularly updated on the Group’s prospects and strategy.